Cannot start SPTraceV4 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 3 server farm and I noticed this morning the following errors in the Event Log:

Event 7000

The SharePoint Tracing Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
    The service did not start due to a logon failure.

Event 7034
    The SharePoint Tracing Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this x time(s).

Event 7038

The SPTraceV4 service was unable to log on as DOMAIN\SP_TraceV4 with the currently configured password due to the following error: 
    The user name or password is incorrect.

To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

I tried going into Central Administration and change the password under Security.  I selected Generate New Password and I tried Set a new password, both giving me the following error: (not at the same time)

The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements

I changed the password in AD, then went to Security and entered it in Use existing password.

I still get the same errors and SPTraceV4 will not start.  Even tried to disable the Password Policy in GPO but that did nothing. Rebooting did nothing as well.

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:52 PM