none
Windows 10 v1703 deployment stuck at Getting Ready screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I've been using MDT for 2 years now and have successfully created, built, and deployed hundreds of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 v1511, and Win10v1607 images.  I have recently upgraded my MDT environment to version 8443 as well as Windows ADK for v1703.

Ever since i made these changes/upgrades and built a new Win10v1703 image using VMWare Workstation and modifying the reference image in Audit mode three things are happening during the deployment:

1.) The deployment gets stuck on the "Getting Ready" screen for at least an hour or doesn't even get passed this screen at all.

2.) If it does get past the "Getting Ready" screen, the answer file (unattend.xml) does not apply.

3.) The deployment takes 2.5 hours to complete (double the time) or will then get stuck on the "Just A Moment" screen forever.

Is anyone experiencing this same issue and/or do you know what could be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Steve

• Edited by stevefrat20 Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:41 PM
    Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:36 PM

Answers

• I initially disabled the dmwappushservice in my reference image to prevent sending data to Microsoft. Starting this service by hitting SHIFT+F10 to open CMD prompt during the Getting Ready screen and entering sc config dmwappushservice start=delayed-auto solved the issue!

I enabled this service in my reference image, recaptured, and disabled it via CMD in the task sequence post OS install.

• Marked as answer by stevefrat20 Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:14 PM
    • Edited by stevefrat20 Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:20 PM
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:13 PM

All replies

• I initially disabled the dmwappushservice in my reference image to prevent sending data to Microsoft. Starting this service by hitting SHIFT+F10 to open CMD prompt during the Getting Ready screen and entering sc config dmwappushservice start=delayed-auto solved the issue!

I enabled this service in my reference image, recaptured, and disabled it via CMD in the task sequence post OS install.

• Marked as answer by stevefrat20 Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:14 PM
    • Edited by stevefrat20 Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:20 PM
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:13 PM
  • Hi stevefrat20,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this. I got stuck in a Windows 10 1803 OSD because I disabled the dmwappushservice in my reference image.

You post resolved the problem.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Monday, August 13, 2018 9:29 PM