Repair Site wizard fails to launch on Site Server Consoles SCCM 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• On two test site servers running SCCM 2007 with R2 update on both the "Repair Site" wizard fails to launch.

When I right-click and select repair site nothing happens.

The New Secondary site, Upgrade Secondary Site, Transfer Site Settings, and properties all work.

Just not the repair site.

This is happening on both the Central Site server and the child Primary site server.

This happens on both consoles.

Is there a log file for failed app launches?

Event Viewer does not show anything.

What gives?

Screenshots here:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/BridgesCCS/SCCMScreenshots?feat=directlink
    Friday, April 17, 2009 11:51 PM

Answers

• This is not a common issue (as you might have noticed because of the lack of answers); so I suggest to call CSS.
    • Marked as answer by nateb4 Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:01 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:47 PM

All replies

• http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680393.aspx: "When it is run, the Site Repair Wizard logs site repair information is written to the RepairWizard.log log file. This file is created in the <Configuration Manager 2007 program files>\AdminUI\AdminUILog directory when the Site Repair Wizard is started."
    Monday, April 20, 2009 1:49 PM
  • No RepairWizard.log file is in that directory when i attempt to run the repair wizard.

Only files in this directory are ResourceExplorer.log and SmsAdminUI.log. The time and date of the SmsAdminUI.log is the date of today when i launched the ConfigMgr Console.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:23 PM
  • The "Repair Site" wizard still does not launch or run therefore a RepairWizard.log file is not created nor does it exists on both site servers who cannot launch the Repair site.

I also tried to install the SCCM Console on a XP Pc to see if I could launch the wizard that way. Still no joy.

:|

See pics of log directory.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BridgesCCS/SCCMScreenshots?feat=directlink

Monday, May 11, 2009 6:04 PM
  • This is not a common issue (as you might have noticed because of the lack of answers); so I suggest to call CSS.
    • Marked as answer by nateb4 Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:01 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:47 PM
  • cool. thanks for the reply.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:32 AM
  • It launches fine from the Program group on the start menu but not from the Console. Weird but that is fine.

Nate
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:24 PM
  • Did you ever find an answer to this issue?  I'm having the exact same problem where I can't run the Repair Site Wizard from within the console.  When I execute it outside of the console I'm getting the message:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: repairwizard.exe

Problem Signature 02: 4.0.6487.2000

Problem Signature 03: 4ab33d46

Problem Signature 04: System.ServiceProcess

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4a275eb9

Problem Signature 07: 95

Problem Signature 08: 57

Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:56 PM
  • No. I never did get an answer. I can still open from the Program group. I even recently updated to SP2 for SCCM 2007. Torsten did suggest I open a case as this is not normal.

I agree it is not normal because my home SCCM server (Windows 2008 R2) does not have this issue with launching from console or external program group.

What is your OS version? I am running Windows 2008 Standard SP1 as as guest OS on Hyper-V.

Test SCCM info at work:

My OS Version: Windows 2008 SP1 build 6001
    My build is: 6487
    My version is: 4.00.6487.2000

You may have to lay down the cake and open a case with Microsoft.

I get NO message or popup when I launch from inside the SCCM console.

I get nothing of note or relation to SCCM in event viewer as well. No "repair" log exists either in the logs folder on the site server.

I do get this event in the SYSTEM log however right after I lauch the repair wizard from the console. Maybe related.

"Log Name:      System
    Source:        Service Control Manager
    Date:          12/16/2009 4:21:33 PM
    Event ID:      7036
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      xxxxxserver.xxxxtest.xxxxtest.com
    Description:
    The Windows Modules Installer service entered the stopped state.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="
    http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="16384">7036</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>4</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-12-16T15:21:33.000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>65004</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
        <Channel>System</Channel>
        <Computer>LONCF21T.xxxxtest.xxxxtest.com</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data Name="param1">Windows Modules Installer</Data>
        <Data Name="param2">stopped</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Nathan
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:03 PM
  • I'm trying to upgrade the OS on my Central Primary Server from Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 to Server 2008 Standard Edition R2 for my central primary server.  Microsoft doesn't support an in place upgrade of the OS for Primary site servers so I've blown away my environment and rebuilt everything exactly the same except for the OS and now I can't restore from the backup I created before the upgrade.  I've got a PSS case open with Microsoft so if I hear anything I'll let you know.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:24 PM
  • Well, I got further.  Try right clicking the Repair Wizard from the Start Menu and selecting Run As Administrator.  Even though I was logged in as a local administrator UAC was preventing me from stopping services somehow.  When I did this I was able to get further in the restore process.  Now I'm running out of disk space on the C: drive as I try to restore the database. 
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:00 PM
  • Thanks ultie3131!!  I just ran into the same issue on W2k8.  It would be nice if the message indicated running the repair wizard as Administrator :)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 10:05 PM
  • Hi

I have the same problem. Trying to restore on a newly installed Win Server 2008 R2 with Sql 2008 R2. The sugested solution above do not work for me.

If anyone have a soulution for this please let me know.

-=Grubler=-

Sunday, October 3, 2010 3:29 PM
  • Hi

I have now talked to MS about this issue, and have some more information that solved my problem. As the error message is identical with the one mentioned earlier by Ultie3131 I did'nt think about this issue.

The solution was to Unload / Disable our Trend Office Scan Antivirus. When that was done, everything worked fine! :) Hope this helps others in this situation too.

-=Grubler=-

Sunday, October 3, 2010 6:45 PM
  • Hi

I have now talked to MS about this issue, and have some more information that solved my problem. As the error message is identical with the one mentioned earlier by Ultie3131 I did'nt think about this issue.

The solution was to Unload / Disable our Trend Office Scan Antivirus. When that was done, everything worked fine! :) Hope this helps others in this situation too.

-=Grubler=-

Hi all

I got exactly the same problem and I can confirm the solution mentioned by Grubler! We ran into the same error every time we tried to restore the SCCM Backup, after unloading the Trendmicro Office Scan Agent the restore wizard ran fine and the restore works correct.

Cheers,
    Confederatio Helvetica

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:32 AM
  • It logs to the smsadminui.log. Check the dates on the logs, it will be the one written to when you run the repair wizard.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:35 PM