none
Cross forest Migration

Question

• This is regarding cross forest migration

I am working for cross forest migration in server 2008 Server family. I have few query on this

is SID filtering should be disable for cross forest migration source and target domins?

Monday, March 20, 2017 12:16 PM

All replies

• If you mean "Disable SID filter Quarantining",it is not recommended.You can check details here,also find the steps to perfrom;

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc794801(v=ws.10).aspx

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Monday, March 20, 2017 12:22 PM
  • Hi Dharmu,

as per https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/csstwplatform/2010/05/06/how-to-disabling-sid-filter-quarantining-allowing-sid-history/ :

You should consider disabling SID filter quarantining only in the following situations:
    • You have an equally high level of confidence in the administrators who have physical access to domain controllers in the trusted domain and the administrators with such access in the trusting domain.
    • You have a strict requirement to assign universal groups to resources in the trusting domain, even when those groups were not created in the trusted domain.
    • Users have been migrated to the trusted domain with their SID histories preserved, and you want to grant them access to resources in the trusting domain based on the SID history attribute.

I assume that the last of these conditions applies in your case

hth
    Marcin

Monday, March 20, 2017 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:21 AM
  • Thanks 

Dharmendra

Saturday, September 15, 2018 7:13 AM