the files for this update have not yet been downloaded - Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have configured WSUS server on our environment for approving and distributing updates within the organization.  We have around 70 Windows Client PC (windows 10 & windows 7) and around 6 servers (windows 2008 R2 & windows 2012 R2). I have configured my WSUS server to download the updates locally and distribute among the clients. I have approved all critical and security updates for all the clients But most of the updates still showing as 'the files for this update have not yet been downloaded' . Its been more than 3 days since i configured the server and i can see the download status haven't changed at all. I have done wsusutilities reset as well but to no avail. 

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Its been more than 3 days since i configured the server and i can see the download status haven't changed at all.

Do you mean the download status still shows some files are downloading ?

Is there any error related to 'windows server update serivces' under "Application" in event viewer ?

Could you please post a screenshot here ?

Is there any free space of that drive which storing update files under WSUS content folder ?

If these files were not downloaded successfully , that message "the files for this update have not yet been download" is a normal information .

In addition , please check the following article if it is a 2012R2 WSUS server :

https://shanejacksonitpro.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/wsus-the-file-for-this-update-failed-to-download/

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:06 PM
    Monday, December 25, 2017 6:14 AM