image. Please check this against your installation diskette"
    Followed it this message:
    "The file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt.Setup cannot
    continue.Error code is [0X0C1]."

Why this happened and what should I do?

Thanks in advance,
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi, Your download iso could have gotten currupted during downloading, But in the meantime try burning at lower speed (ie. x4 ) or if you can try another DVD writer not the one your using now. If these suggestion do not work, you will have to download the iso again. Slan go foill, Paul
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi, Your download iso could have gotten currupted during downloading, But in the meantime try burning at lower speed (ie. x4 ) or if you can try another DVD writer not the one your using now. If these suggestion do not work, you will have to download the iso again. Slan go foill, Paul
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 3:29 PM
  • I have never liked Nero for burning images to disk, personal preference. I use imgburn to burn images to disk. Make sure your blank media is clean and not scratched and reduce the burn speed if you still have problems. Verify the hash of the iso against the hash from the product description on the download page.
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 3:57 PM
  • Nero is perfectly fine to use for burning ISOs to disk, just as is pretty much any other widely used DVD burning software or suite.  The 'problem' is highly unlikely to be the choice of software used for burning the image.

The likely causes are:

Corrupted download. 

If the downloaded ISO file has been compromised during the download process then the only resolution is to download it again.

Too fast a burn speed.

Many people fail to fully understand that faster burn speeds often produce disks which are more difficult for the optical drive to read.  Choosing a slower burn speed and accepting the increase in time taken to produce a burnt disk is always the best approach to using a burner.

Poor quality blank media.

The cheaper and nastier the blank media used, the more chance of an unreliable disk being produced in the burning process.  There's no way even the best of blank media will produce a disk which is as durable and lasting as a manufactured 'pressed' disk, but when trying to produce something as important as an OS installation disk it's kinda important, nevertheless, to start with the best quality blank media you can get your hands on.

Older or poor quality burner. 

A DVD burner is a mechanical device, and thus a device which will inevitably become less and less reliable the more it is used.  I'm seeing a lot of reports from people who've had trouble installing Windows 7, and resolved their problem by finally replacing the burner they'd had for years or continually recycled into later machines. 
    • Proposed as answer by Techwrighter Monday, October 5, 2009 12:27 AM
    Monday, October 5, 2009 12:27 AM
  • I have never liked Nero for burning images to disk, personal preference. I use imgburn to burn images to disk. Make sure your blank media is clean and not scratched and reduce the burn speed if you still have problems. Verify the hash of the iso against the hash from the product description on the download page.

I'd have to agree. While Nero is an ecellent app i've recently migrated to ImgBurn for my burning needs :)
    If anyone is helpfull, please click the 'Vote as helpfull' icon. If anyone has answered, please click 'Suggest as answer' at the bottom of the post involved :) Thanks
    Monday, October 5, 2009 9:19 AM