Problem with windows 10 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading to Windows 10, I lost all my personal files. I definitely didn't do a clean install because files deleted in Recyclin Bin are still there. Windows menu buttons aren't working. Right click menu doesn't work. Windows titles are gone. Unable to perform Search function. No menu when mouse over to the corners. Programs crashing. No personal files found in the windows.old folder. This is absolutely preposterous!! How do I retrieve my old files back and get this Windows to work ???? Troubleshooting doesn't work either. 
    • Edited by bucminh Friday, July 31, 2015 5:21 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 5:13 PM

All replies

• I'm having a similar problem where my personal files are nowhere to be found, but my hard drive is showing the space the files were taking up is still used.  I had someone from the answer desk check to see if the files were hidden but still could not locate them, when he tried to forward me to technical support, a recording told me that their phones are down, so now I am back to waiting on another call from microsoft to try and talk to someone from technical support.
    Friday, July 31, 2015 7:39 PM