Moving PAS Database to SQL 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Can you please confirm that the ProClarity Analystics Server will work with the PAS database on SQL Server 2008 in conjunction with cubes that are AS 2000?

Also I have the choice of having SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008 installed on the same box as PAS or keeping the PAS database on a separate server.  What would you advise?

My initial search found a mention of the need for the latest hotfix for running with SS 2008, but when I read the hotfix description I didn't see a mention of 2008 for PAS.  I will need drill to detail functions (including those available on Calculated Cells in the old 2000 AS) to be supported.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3936964&SiteID=17

Please also let me know if there are any other things you would advise me to test.

Thanks,

KateT

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:11 PM

Answers

• Official support for SQL Server 2008 is included with the release that should be available for download in the next few days.  However, 6.3.2216 should work fine with it if you want to do some testing before 6.3.2217 becomes available.

The cubes are a completely seperate function from the SQL Server database repository, so you should have no problem continuing to use AS 2000 cubes.  As a side note though, I would strongly recommend getting a plan together to migrate your AS 2000 cubes to at least SSAS 2005, if you don't already have one.

If you have a choice, we recommend running PAS on a dedicated web server, and leaving the data tier on a seperate machine.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:06 PM