none
Question About Migrating to Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• After a cutover migration from Exchange 2010 to Office 365, what is involved in cancelling the migration and rolling back to the on-premises Exchange 2010?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:00 AM

Answers

• Correcting my response because I misread the question.

For a cutover migration, you have the option of either doing a cutover migration back, which is pretty much the same process as you did when you cut over to Office 365, just the other way, or setting up a hybrid configuration with on-premises Exchange and running the two together until you've moved all the mailboxes back.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Ed is correct, however if you have not already migrated to O365 you might want to test a single mailbox migrating and rolling back as;

Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline Exchange Mailbox and Public Folder EDB's and Live Exchange Servers or Import/Migrate direct from Offline EDB to Any Production Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 --> 2013 with Lucid8's DigiScope

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, May 5, 2015 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:25 PM

All replies

• Correcting my response because I misread the question.

For a cutover migration, you have the option of either doing a cutover migration back, which is pretty much the same process as you did when you cut over to Office 365, just the other way, or setting up a hybrid configuration with on-premises Exchange and running the two together until you've moved all the mailboxes back.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Ed is correct, however if you have not already migrated to O365 you might want to test a single mailbox migrating and rolling back as;

Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline Exchange Mailbox and Public Folder EDB's and Live Exchange Servers or Import/Migrate direct from Offline EDB to Any Production Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 --> 2013 with Lucid8's DigiScope

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, May 5, 2015 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:25 PM
  • How do you migrate a single mailbox with a cutover migration?
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:39 PM
  • Third-party cloud tools like MigrationWiz and Cloudiway can do that.

You can also do the same thing with Outlook and a PST.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:57 PM