UAG RTM not terminating inactive/idle sessions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

Our customers have recently started complaining of UAG not terminating idle/inactive connections when UAG is in Array or NLB. Some have UP1 installed and some dont.

Please check the snapshot of the webmonitor at http://cid-8d40c90847d26aa1.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Public

Has anyone faced the similar issue? What configuration change is required to fix th issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Inderjeet

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 6:53 PM

Answers

• 1st, if you have multiple UAG servers in an array, all should have Update 1 installed. 2nd, Are you saying that this was OK, and suddenly started to happen, or is it that your customers just noticed it?

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:57 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:57 PM

All replies

• 1st, if you have multiple UAG servers in an array, all should have Update 1 installed. 2nd, Are you saying that this was OK, and suddenly started to happen, or is it that your customers just noticed it?

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:57 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Hi All. I have also seen that and I think it comes up when there are active sessions and changes are applied by activating the configuration. It seems that the active sessions are not correctly terminated in that cases
    // Raúl - I love this game
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:30 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Yes, customer just saw that the sessions were not getting terminated .. suddenly or regular i dont know .. it's just showing that as sesisons and we can't even terminate them .. . Is that the sessions are not being removed correctly?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:40 PM
  • Hey Ben,

We have seen these issue now on multiple UAG installations. We have Update 1, rollup and Update 2 installed. But we still see that sessions are not getting terminated and they show idle time like 539:29:38 and so on for several users. One thing which is  common among all users is that they all have RDP published through the UAG. I am assuming that when someone clicks on the RDP application and closes the session, either the sessions are not getting terminated from the RDG or UAG is not able to clear them from the sessions. But, i am not sure why this is happening.

Any Idea?

Regards,
    -I

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:25 PM