Back button problem RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I press the BACK ARROW from the first selection of a search, my system freezes up and I have to exit and start all over again. It happens every time. If I right click the BACK ARROW and select the last item in the list it works. What is happening?
    Monday, October 13, 2014 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, uncheck "Enable third party browser extensions"..

Close and restart IE for the changes to take effect.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:47 PM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 11:33 PM
  • Hi,

You can also press Win+R, then run iexplore.exe -extoff to launch IE in no add-ons mode, if this issue disappears in this mode, then one add-on could be the culprit.

Or reset IE and check if issue persists. Tools\Internet Options\Advanced\Reset

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, uncheck "Enable third party browser extensions"..

Close and restart IE for the changes to take effect.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com

Rob^_^

Monday, October 13, 2014 11:33 PM
  • Hi,

You can also press Win+R, then run iexplore.exe -extoff to launch IE in no add-ons mode, if this issue disappears in this mode, then one add-on could be the culprit.

Or reset IE and check if issue persists. Tools\Internet Options\Advanced\Reset

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:52 AM