Forefront Event ID 23014 RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please let me know what Forefront Client Security event id 23014 indicates?  A sample is pasted below:

Microsoft Forefront Client Security Real-Time Protection agent has detected changes. Microsoft recommends you analyze the software that made these changes for potential risks. You can use information about how these programs operate to choose whether to allow them to run or remove them from your computer. Allow changes only if you trust the program or the software publisher. Microsoft Forefront Client Security can't undo changes that you allow.
    For more information please see the following:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=74409
    Scan ID: {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}
    Agent: Application Registration
    User: xxxxxx
    Name: Unknown
    ID:
    Severity: Not Yet Classified
    Category: Not Yet Classified
    Path Found: file:C:\WINDOWS\tasks\41764cd3.job;file:C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\Application Data\41764cd3.exe;taskscheduler:C:\WINDOWS\tasks\41764cd3.job
    Alert Type: Unclassified software
    Process Name:
    Detection Type:

While I am at it.  If someone can point me to a reference document that decodes the cryptic the mplog file I would appreciate it.  This log file includes quite a bit of information that I cannot find references to many of the entries.

Friday, December 17, 2010 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

This issue will occur if the file named "41764cd3.exe" is treated as malware, which will trigger Microsoft Forefront Client Security Real-Time Protection agent to record this kind of event; however, it won't cause that the tasksceduler cannot run on the machine.

When FCS detects a pice of malware on your system it will imediately suspend the malware. This means that the malware from then on is harmeless to your system. Then FCS waits for 10 minutes before taking an automated action (not configurable amount of time), unless the user takes action within the 10 minutes. FCS do not require user action to clean malware. And, unfortunately, it is by design.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:11 AM
  • Thank you.  I normally see "Status: Suspend" when that occurs which is associated withe event id 3004.  Do you know why this would be logged differently?

captpp@hotmail.com
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:53 PM