none
Mail Enabled Public Folder Internal NDR RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

     

    One of my users deleted a Public Folder which i was able to recover using PFDAVAdmin. However i then mail enabled the Public Folder and i tested mailing it by emailing a test from an external machine on the internet, this worked fine without any issues.

    However when my users try emailing the address internally exchange gives me this NDR

    IMCEAEX-_O=FIRST+20ORGANIZATION_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=ENQUIRIES6CF8BEA94AC24C4A17463F87F37E42D0E55F9E@<MY COMPANY>.local

    the only thing i can see that links the Public folder to this is the display name in the global address list, i look in the public folder management and i can see the correct name in there.

    i have tried deleting the cached address that the users have previously used and als downloading the glabal address list after the changes but the error is still at large. i then tried emailing the account from OWA and again i still get the NDR, it seems any internal communication to this address it NDR's but external communication works.

    tried looking through google but cannot find anything that has helped yet.


    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##


    Friday, April 8, 2011 4:58 PM

Answers

  • Hi Jerome,

     

    i found a little workaround which seems to have worked for me. I found the "original" active directory object with the address that i want to use and renamed everything by appending a number to the end of the name, the email address associated with the object etc. i then was able to mail enable the public folder and when the GAL rebuild itself periodically it cleared out the "original" object where i renamed the attributes.

     

    i hope that makes sense, but thank you for the article i will try that next time i have to restore a mail enabled public folder!!

     

    thanks

    Carlos

    • Marked as answer by Jerome Xiong Monday, April 18, 2011 4:40 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:02 PM

All replies

  • it looks like i have got 2 identical emails in my GAL so i am going to attempt rebuilding it and see if that rectifies the problem with this email address. any tips on how i rebuild the GAL on Exchange 2007 (my powershell is basic!!)
    Friday, April 8, 2011 5:42 PM
  • Hi Carlos,

     

    You could follow this article to rebuilt or update GAL.

    http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/address-lists-exchange-2007-part1.html

     

    After you rebuilt or update GAL, don’t forget:

    1. Restarting Microsoft Exchange File Distribution services on CAS .

    2. Updating OAB at Outlook client side.


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:01 AM
  • Hi Jerome,

     

    i found a little workaround which seems to have worked for me. I found the "original" active directory object with the address that i want to use and renamed everything by appending a number to the end of the name, the email address associated with the object etc. i then was able to mail enable the public folder and when the GAL rebuild itself periodically it cleared out the "original" object where i renamed the attributes.

     

    i hope that makes sense, but thank you for the article i will try that next time i have to restore a mail enabled public folder!!

     

    thanks

    Carlos

    • Marked as answer by Jerome Xiong Monday, April 18, 2011 4:40 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:02 PM