BizTalk 2010 MP - No Alerts on suspended Orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have SCOM 2007R2 with the latest BizTalk 2010 management pack and are using BizTalk 2010.
    In the weekend we had an Orchestration which got suspended due to a missing date in the incoming messages which caused an uncaught exception in the Orchestartion.

In the Application eventlog I get:

Error 2013-01-26 04:30:03 XLANG/s 10030 None

xlang/s engine event log entry: Uncaught exception (see the 'inner exception' below) has suspended an instance of service 'OrderToAX(de7c597b-5a71-0bd3-ac2a-994777a917a3)'.
    The service instance will remain suspended until administratively resumed or terminated.
    If resumed the instance will continue from its last persisted state and may re-throw the same unexpected exception.
    InstanceId: 6c1c94a8-3f9f-4f7c-8227-d7d7b2a65c22
    Shape name: transform_SmdStock_ff_to_SmiImportServices
    ShapeId: cea84163-3cb5-4cc3-8e5f-4d5f893296cb
    Exception thrown from: segment 1, progress 6
    Inner exception: Error encountered while executing the transform OrderToAX. Error:Transformation failed..       

Exception type: XTransformationFailureException
    Source: Microsoft.XLANGs.Engine
    Target Site: Void ApplyInMemoryTransform(System.Type, Microsoft.XLANGs.RuntimeTypes.TransformMetaData, System.Object[], System.IO.Stream[])
    The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Service.ApplyInMemoryTransform(Type mapRef, TransformMetaData trfMetaData, Object[] outParams, Stream[] inStreams)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Service.ApplyTransform(Type mapRef, Object[] outParams, Object[] inParams)
       at SysToAX.segment1(StopConditions stopOn)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)

Additional error information:
            Function 'userCSharp:ConvertToValidDateString()' has failed.

The problem is that we did not get any alerts from SCOM (nor critical or warning alerts).  I looked in the Operation Manager log on the BizTalk server and it has no information about any alerts at this time. I started performance monitor and it reports one suspended orchestration under XLANG. 

In the "Orchestration State" View in the SCOM console I have a Warning on the Orchestration OrderToAX. I  

Alle other alerts seems to work fine like stopping a host or when a message gets suspended.

Please, does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Cheers

RL

RL

• Edited by Ralf L Monday, January 28, 2013 2:57 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2013 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi again,

Tried to get SCOM BizTalk 2010 MP to catch the XLANG uncaught exception and create an alert but it seems that this rule is not implemented.

Added my own rule and now we are getting alerts for the XLANG uncaught execeptions.

Cheers

RL

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:52 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 4:13 PM