Outlook 2013 sync slider not working correctly all the time RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user with a very large mailbox (40 GB +) so i moved to the sync slider to get past the Outlook hanging issues that occurred with the large OST (Exchange mailboxes plus gmail accounts all in same outlook profile).

The issue that keeps coming up is that in some cases it won't show there are more items on the server for older items (slider is set to 12 months) but then a search of that folder will bring up more items from the server.

I'm not sure if its a search issue or something else as i've had issues with the search not finding items that we've gone into folders to find as well.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue happen with all Exchange and Gmail accounts in your profile?

By "in some case", do you mean this issue is not always happening? Have you found the pattern that this issue happens?

Besides, I'd recommend you try installing all available updates for your Outlook 2013 and then test to see whether this issue still persists.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, June 4, 2018 9:37 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 8:53 AM
  • Thanks Steve, 

I've already applied all updates (outlook 2013 and windows 10).  The search is typically only against the Exchange account as it is the largest and main business account. 

When i say sometimes, i mean it isn't necessarily consistent across all folders. For example, if you go to a folder and scroll to the bottom, it should say More items on server since the Sync slider was set to 12 months and there is years of history. 

However, it doesn't show but if you do a search, it will sometimes give the option of more items on server. 

In some cases, you can hit more on the folder and it will bring back some data but not all of it. Instead of still saying more on server, it doesn't say anything at the bottom.t's hard to explain and I don't always get access to the machine to troubleshoot. I just tried rebuilding the search and moving the slider to 24 months to see if it helps. 

The slider option itself seems to work in terms of keeping the relevant data but seems to be off in terms of search and knowing there is more. 

Monday, June 4, 2018 1:11 PM