none
What is the way to stop ANY calculation in Power BI / Power Query? RRS feed

• Question

• Sometimes PQ does queries despite the fact that I turned off both "Allow data preview to download in the background" and "Enable parallel loading of tables", and choose "Cancel Refresh". It does it even if I close PQ UI, AND have no any query which marked as "Enable Load". So the only way is to close the whole PBIX file!

What else I can do in order to stop PQ do query evaluations?

Thursday, August 1, 2019 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrey. From what you're saying, it doesn't seem like any evaluations should be happening. Would it be possible for you to capture a video showing this happening on your machine, so we can see the steps that lead to the unintended evaluation?

Ehren

Monday, August 5, 2019 11:51 PM
    Owner
  • What I do to stop refreshing queries who don't react to "cancel" is to go to the Task Manager and kill the Mashup-Jobs. That will stop the refresh an trigger an error-message that I simply close. That lets me save my latest changes (which I would otherwise loose if I have to close the whole PBIX-file).

Imke Feldmann - MVP Data Platform (PowerBI) - http://www.TheBIccountant.com 

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful - Thanks!

Friday, August 16, 2019 6:18 PM