Remotely logging off a user - Is this possible? RRS feed

• Question

• If this is not a relevant question in the forum, I apologize.

I was previously running Win XP Pro, and was able to go to Computer Mgt>Connect to another PC...>Properties>Advanced>Startup & Recovery> and remotely log off a user if need be. However, now I am running Vista Business and am finding that in Computer Mgt I do not have a Properties option after connecting to a remote computer.

Is remote logoff of a user possible through SCCM in any way? The reason this is important is the GP we have deployed locks the user environment down pretty tight, where they are unable to log off themselves...thus disallowing admins to get to necessary troubleshooting tools if need be.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

According to the problem description, I have no idea where the remotely log off a user feature you mentioned in Startup & Recovery is; I could not find any option in Windows XP OS. In addition, I know that there is no Properties option in Vista's Computer Management; however, if you'd like to logoff a remote computer in Windows Vista, you should access that computer through the Remote Desktop Connection wizard and then log off the computer directly (Click Start -> Log off XXX).

Hope it works!

Thursday, October 2, 2008 8:27 AM