Default email message when starting up application RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a PC phone on a work laptop and we do not care for a email client on the machine.  Problem is that when we start up the softphone on the PC it checks to see if there is a default email program set.  When started we get the email message stating that a default mail program needs to be set message.  is there anyway to get around this message from popping up whenever i start this program up besides installing Outlook?

I have installed Windows Live, Thunderbird, and Eudora clients and non of which are simple MAPI or full MAPI compliant so the message still appears.

Running Windows 7 Enterprise edition.

• Edited by bruiserfus Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:46 PM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:44 PM

Answers

• You really should address this problem to the publisher of the softphone software to get a good answer.  The software engineer of the softphone software would be best qualified to provide a viable answer to your question.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 16, 2011 5:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:59 AM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:07 PM