none
Change datetime format in FIM CM? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to change the datetime format FIM CM uses in the portal and while printing smart cards to something else than mm/dd/yyyy? I'd prefer to use yyyy-mm-dd format instead but haven't figured out where to configure this...
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:01 AM

Answers

• Solved this myself, very useful for everyone else too, to make the FIM CM portal use the locale that the client is configured, you need to do a little trick. Let's say that your client locale is set to Finland and therefore also the datetime format is configured according to Finnish locale. Now FIM CM doesn't know Finnish locale, so it fallbacks to the default of English one. To trick the portal, you need to copy %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Certificate Management\web\App_GlobalResources\WebResources.en.resx to WebResources.fi.resx and store it in the same folder. Next time the user who has the client OS configured to use Finland localization settings, will get the dates/times in the wanted format shown.

• Marked as answer by Narcoticoo Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:57 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:57 PM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 2:47 PM
  • I *Think* the date time format is governed by the regional settings so you can't change it without changing the OS regional settings... worth a shot!
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:22 PM
  • The server OS or the client OS that is used to access the portal?
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:28 PM
  • The client OS as far as I know
    • Edited by kmittal82 Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:09 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:09 AM
  • Tried, didn't work... any other ideas?

Sunday, October 19, 2014 8:20 AM
  • Solved this myself, very useful for everyone else too, to make the FIM CM portal use the locale that the client is configured, you need to do a little trick. Let's say that your client locale is set to Finland and therefore also the datetime format is configured according to Finnish locale. Now FIM CM doesn't know Finnish locale, so it fallbacks to the default of English one. To trick the portal, you need to copy %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Certificate Management\web\App_GlobalResources\WebResources.en.resx to WebResources.fi.resx and store it in the same folder. Next time the user who has the client OS configured to use Finland localization settings, will get the dates/times in the wanted format shown.

• Marked as answer by Narcoticoo Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:57 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:57 PM