BSOD 3b Happens Randomly RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I have a system that is giving me some grief, it blue screens and it is always a 3b code.  I'm not sure why this is happening, the computer is off network and gets no exposure to flash drives so there is little chance the system is infected by malware.  The link to the minidumps is here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3YzEvtD3VlAY0NPbXl4M25oeFU

Any advice or what to look at is appreciated.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:09 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

In general, blue screen issue is related to driver and software conflict, please recall carefully what you have done before BSOD firstly occurred, try roll back previous operations to see if can fix problem.
    If it’s hard to roll back, I suggest to execute a clean boot at first, then update driver form the manufacturer website, also, keep system is up to date, check for updates in update & security settings.
    Finally, system will generate the dump files when BSOD occurred, it can help us diagnose problem, Microsoft has an useful tool called WinDbg can analyze these dump files, kindly check the following link for assistance.
    Debugging Tools for Windows (WinDbg, KD, CDB, NTSD)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063(v=vs.85).aspx

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

These minidumps all point to ntoskrnl.exe, which is not very useful to troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Hi ,

In general, blue screen issue is related to driver and software conflict, please recall carefully what you have done before BSOD firstly occurred, try roll back previous operations to see if can fix problem.
    If it’s hard to roll back, I suggest to execute a clean boot at first, then update driver form the manufacturer website, also, keep system is up to date, check for updates in update & security settings.
    Finally, system will generate the dump files when BSOD occurred, it can help us diagnose problem, Microsoft has an useful tool called WinDbg can analyze these dump files, kindly check the following link for assistance.
    Debugging Tools for Windows (WinDbg, KD, CDB, NTSD)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063(v=vs.85).aspx

Best regards