locked
Upgraded Client to Windows 8.1 and now can't reconnect to R2 Essentials server RRS feed

  • Question

  • This morning I took the plunge and updated one of my client machines to Windows 8.1. I failed to uninstall the Connector software for Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2, not thinking that any problems would occur. The update appears to have finished just fine, except I can no longer access the dashboard from the client machine that I installed Windows 8.1 on to. It seems the upgrade messed up the connector software, but unfortunately, I cannot uninstall the connector because it is not listed in program files to uninstall. I looked at remove services, but I don't see it there either. When I tried to reinstall the connector software it appears to be working, but then eventally tells me my server is not available. When I log in to the server and access the dashboard my computer is listed as one of the devices. Eventually I removed the device and removed the archived back ups. I still can't install the server connector. Same error each time. I think some of the connector software is left behind on my client machine, but I'm not sure where to remove what is left.

    For some reason I can't figure out how to edit my original post, but I felt I should add that the computer I upgraded had the skip domain join reg key added. I think that may be the problem, but I don't know 100% until I get home at a different machine that I don't have remote access to (never set up).

    Any ideas? 


    • Edited by zeus182 Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:10 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:30 PM

Answers

  • The "uninstall" is in windows updates.  Go to history, then installed updates and it will show up in there

    Grey

    • Marked as answer by zeus182 Friday, October 18, 2013 12:15 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:23 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • The "uninstall" is in windows updates.  Go to history, then installed updates and it will show up in there

    Grey

    • Marked as answer by zeus182 Friday, October 18, 2013 12:15 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:23 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks. That did it. I also noticed that I had joined the Server's domain as well, so I switched that too and the connector installed and is up and running again.

    Friday, October 18, 2013 12:16 AM