Mobile Presence RRS feed

• Question

• When the Lync desktop client is signed out and I'm signed in the Lync iPhone app my presence is shown as "Available Mobile".  I just want to show "Available" without the "Mobile" part.

Is there a way to remove "Mobile" from my presence while signed in on the iPhone app?

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,Darin,

The old production version of Lync client will display the presence as "Available mobile" when you sign in Lync mobile,but the latest version will only display "available".I think the version of 4.0.4577.4051 or later is what the Lync client Matt suggest you to run if you would not like to show "Available-mobile".

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 6:37 AM

All replies

• Microsoft has waffled on this functionality. At first it was in, then it was out, and now it is back in again. I'm not quite sure why  not just have a setting for it, but as of Feb 2012 cu/CU5, it says "Mobile"

details:

it displays "Mobile" up until version 4.0.7577.314. But when you go to version 4.0.7577.4051 it will no longer display "Mobile". I have also tested with the version 4.0.7577.4061 (KB2670498) but is is the same there. So if you don't want to see "Mobile" you have use Lync Client to version 4.0.7577.314.

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:27 PM
  • Hi,Darin,

The old production version of Lync client will display the presence as "Available mobile" when you sign in Lync mobile,but the latest version will only display "available".I think the version of 4.0.4577.4051 or later is what the Lync client Matt suggest you to run if you would not like to show "Available-mobile".

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 6:37 AM