none
Project 2013/2016 Task Form % Complete Bug RRS feed

• Question

• When in the detailed dialog box, using the up and down arrows for the percent complete is not working, and if used crashes MSP. If you don’t use the up/down arrows and just insert a percent complete it
    is ok. Or using the up/down arrows in the percent complete column works fine also. It seems just a problem in the detailed dialog box. Has anyone encountered this issue?
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:15 PM

All replies

• cybernetikz,

Before you call something a bug, is the version of Project you are using (2013 or 2016) fully updated with the latest Public Update? If not, or you're not sure, run Windows Update. After insuring everything is updated, does the problem still occur?

John

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:03 PM
  • cybernetikz --

I can confirm the behavior you are seeing with Microsoft Project 2013, but not with the 2016 version at all.  I am using Microsoft Project 2013 64-bit with the latest Service Packs and Cumulative Updates installed.  I believe what you are seeing is a bug, but do not have any idea if and when it will be fixed.  The workaround would be to set the % Complete using the task Tracking table instead.  I have confirmed that the workaround does work as needed.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:35 PM
  • I think there might be a fix for this coming in the April 2016 update for Project.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, March 21, 2016 4:45 AM