none
Configure Mail Flow from Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online

Question

• Microsoft Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard

Selecting "Configure my Edge Transport servers for secure mail transport" option.

The wizard finished with the following:

Your Exchange Hybrid Configuration has completed but a few items need to be addressed or potentially configured manually. Please see the details below.

Configure Mail Flow

HCW8056 - Receive connector on the following Edge Transport servers need to be manually configured: EdgeServer.

Set-ReceiveConnector -Identity <Name of internet-facing connector> -TlsDomainCapabilities mail.protection.outlook.com.AcceptOorgProtocol -Fqdn CASserver

When I run the comdlet, I received this error:

Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'TlsDomainCapabilities'. Cannot convert value
    "mail.protection.outlook.com.AcceptOorgProtocol" to type
    "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.MultiValuedProperty`1[Microsoft.Exchange.Data.SmtpReceiveDomainCapabilities]". Error: "Failed to convert mail.protection.outlook.com.AcceptOorgProtocol from System.String to
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.SmtpReceiveDomainCapabilities. Error: Error while converting string
    'mail.protection.outlook.com.AcceptOorgProtocol' to result type Microsoft.Exchange.Data.SmtpReceiveDomainCapabilities:
    "mail.protection.outlook.com.AcceptOorgProtocol" isn't a valid list of SMTP Receive domain capabilities."
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Set-ReceiveConnector], ParameterBindin...mationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,Set-ReceiveConnector
        + PSComputerName        : casServer

Please help.

TIA

Friday, November 4, 2016 8:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I consult the definition of some parameters for Set-ReceiveConnector cmdlet. The following capabilities are for a domain when using TlsDomainCapabilities parameter.

• AcceptOorgProtocol
    • AcceptOorgHeader

So try this command:

Set-ReceiveConnector -Identity <Name of internet-facing connector> -TlsDomainCapabilities mail.protection.outlook.com:AcceptOorgProtocol -Fqdn Edgeserver

For 454 4.7.5 error, refer to this KB. Try the method2 to configure receive connector.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156771

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by HSC-TSA Friday, November 11, 2016 4:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:17 AM

All replies

• The correct command is 

mail.protection.outlook.com:AcceptCloudServicesMail

not 

mail.protection.outlook.com.AcceptOorgProtocol

no period. Its a colon :

Blog:    Twitter:   

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:22 PM
  • Thnx for the quick reply

Now its new error:

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'MailboxServer.HSC.OurDomain\MailboxServer' couldn't be found on 'OurDC'.
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-ReceiveConnector], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=MAILBOX-4,RequestId=f8f4e4ed-3545-415d-8962-1c3845e2cf8f,TimeStamp=11/4/2016 12:34:14 PM] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-ManagementObjectNotFoundException] 5ED2FB14,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.System
      ConfigurationTasks.SetReceiveConnector

+ PSComputerName        : casServer.OurDomain

Actually, I managed to create 2 migration jobs from Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online.

One with sync only, the other one complete migration.

The sync one, I can send and receive from within our domain and outside with no problem!

The completed one, can send and receive from out side our domain, but can not receive out domain!

When I checked our Edge server, the mail is stick in Queue Viewer 454 4.7.5 The certificate specified in TlsCertificateName of the SendConnecter could not be found.

P.S. The certificate is installed on the CAS server, not on the MailBox server!

Any help would be appreciated 

TIA

• Edited by HSC-TSA Friday, November 4, 2016 9:06 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2016 12:44 PM
  • Hi,

I consult the definition of some parameters for Set-ReceiveConnector cmdlet. The following capabilities are for a domain when using TlsDomainCapabilities parameter.

• AcceptOorgProtocol
    • AcceptOorgHeader

So try this command:

Set-ReceiveConnector -Identity <Name of internet-facing connector> -TlsDomainCapabilities mail.protection.outlook.com:AcceptOorgProtocol -Fqdn Edgeserver

For 454 4.7.5 error, refer to this KB. Try the method2 to configure receive connector.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156771

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by HSC-TSA Friday, November 11, 2016 4:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Now I set and run over 30 migration jobs, with 10 to 100 users mailbox in each! Q. On what base the mailboxs get migrated to Exchange Online? Is it alphabetically, by size, on modified date? TIA
    • Edited by HSC-TSA Friday, November 11, 2016 4:45 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2016 4:44 AM
  • Now I set and run over 30 migration jobs, with 10 to 100 users mailbox in each! Q. On what base the mailboxs get migrated to Exchange Online? Is it alphabetically, by size, on modified date? TIA

Based on my knowledge, mailbox migration should be multithreading. It will process multiple mailboxes at the same time.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li

Monday, November 14, 2016 7:33 AM