No volume control on Apple Airpods with Skype for Business, Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• So, unlike some others, I can convince my Airpods Pro to work with Skype for Business on Windows 10.  However, I can't control the volume.  Laptop master volume (function keys) does not affect it.  Settings in Skype Audio (which is what I would expect to work) do not affect the volume.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cam

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Cam!

Does this issue persist all the time?

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Do you mean you can hear normally but you cannot control the volume?

In order to ensure if this issue happened on Apple Airpods, you can try to change another headphone device to see if this issue still persist.

Also please make sure that your microphone is not muted. If you see the icon below, click the speaker icon to un-mute.

Besides, we also recommend you follow these steps to clear the client cache to see if it works. The link is for your reference:

https://kb.intermedia.net/Article/3238

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2020 2:17 AM
  • The issue persists all the time.

I don't know anyone else using Airpods; most people are using the company-provided Jabra USB dongle and wired headset.  I do not have the issue using that headset.

Yes, I can hear normally (and speak normally), but the volume is maximum and I canot adjust it.

I don't think it has anything to do with microphone muting or unmuting; it's the same whether I'm speaking or muted.

I haven't tried clearing the cache, but I have restarted the system.  I'll try clearing the cache.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:34 AM
  • Hi Cam!

Does the same problem occur if you use Airpods with other applications(such as Teams)?

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 20, 2020 10:05 AM
  • Hello,

I have the exact same issue.

Regards,

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:19 AM
  • Haven't had a chance to try it with Teams yet, and don't have admin rights to clear the cache.  They have worked with everything else I've used them with; Skype for Business is the first issue I've had.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:47 AM
  • Hi Cam!

Based on your previous description, I assumed this issue may be related to your device (AirPods).

At present, the workaround for you is you can change your device to the company-provided Jabra USB dongle and wired headset to solve this issue.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 27, 2020 11:20 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 1:19 AM