none
Where is the FAST server? RRS feed

• Question

• I can't see my FAST server in the Central Administration/Servers in Farm display. How can I add it to the farm?

Thanks, Shane

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hello Shane,

FS4SP has no hard tie-ins with SharePoint, and you do not install any SharePoint components on the FS4SP servers. Thus a FS4SP is not a SharePoint farm server, and that is why it is not visible in Central Admin.

FS4SP is installed as a separate farm, and the communication with it happens via the Content SSA and the Query SSA. So the endpoints you specify on the SSA's are the only knowledge SharePoint has of the FS4SP installation. This leaves you to track your FS4SP installation in a different manner. Your deployment.xml file will list your FAST servers and you can install SCOM on the servers for monitoring.

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 

Search Enthusiast - MCTS SharePoint/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by S h a n e Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:51 PM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Shane,

FS4SP has no hard tie-ins with SharePoint, and you do not install any SharePoint components on the FS4SP servers. Thus a FS4SP is not a SharePoint farm server, and that is why it is not visible in Central Admin.

FS4SP is installed as a separate farm, and the communication with it happens via the Content SSA and the Query SSA. So the endpoints you specify on the SSA's are the only knowledge SharePoint has of the FS4SP installation. This leaves you to track your FS4SP installation in a different manner. Your deployment.xml file will list your FAST servers and you can install SCOM on the servers for monitoring.

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 

Search Enthusiast - MCTS SharePoint/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by S h a n e Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:51 PM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:35 PM
  • Understood, thanks...
    • Marked as answer by S h a n e Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:50 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by S h a n e Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:51 PM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:50 PM