ProClarity and Time Intelligence RRS feed

• Question

• I used the BIDS time intelligence wizard to add 6 calculated members to a Date Dimension.   The 6 members display fine in Management Studio, and a 7th member called "Current Dates", which is also the default member, displays first.  The "current dates" member displays the total for the most recent period of the default member.

When I use ProClarity Desktop Pro or Web Pro 6.3, only the top member, Current Dates, displays.  How can I get the remaining 6 members to display in ProClarity, or how can I hide the 7th member in the cube?

thanks,
    Chris
    cW
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:05 PM

All replies

• Chris,

Are you only seeing the "Current Dates" member in the Setup Panel or in your report?  If it is a report that you are having trouble with, it is most likely caused by using the Members, Children, or Descendants function.  Those functions will not automatically display calculated members.  An alternative to the Members function is the AllMembers function, which will return calculated members.

If you are not seeing them in the Setup Panel, you might want to double-check your cube security or your Cube Perspectives (assuming you are running Enterprise Edition).  A Perspective may not automatically include calculated members if the members were created after the Perspective was built.

-Jason
    BTG Services
    Friday, January 2, 2009 6:15 PM
  • Hello cw,

What version of SQL Server are you using?  Also, can you send the script statement for your time calculations?  More specifically, the script for the Current Date set and also for one of the sets that does not appear within ProClarity.

Thanks in advance,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, January 2, 2009 6:19 PM