1602 - 1606 upgrade issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have applied 1606 update using the auto update mechanism. The build numbers have updated on the primary site server and the pre-production clients have been upgraded.

the cmupdate.log is full with errors and the upgrade status never showed "installation successful".

It just stopped at Turning on activation of SQL Server Service Broker queues.

The same error is below but with different files.

GetFileVersionInfoSizeW failed for file (\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\cd.latest\splash.hta)(0X80070714)

Not sure if it has been successful or not?

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 2:50 PM

All replies

• ignore it. its expected. Check your console updated with new version. I have done plenty of servers all getting the same ex: GetFileVersionInfoSizeW failed for file (\\?\D:\Microsoft Configuration Manager\CMUStaging\0D256560-ED2C-45B5-8D75-4D38AB3F758C\SMSSETUP\POLICYMODULE\X64\LanguagePack\PLP1036.mst)(0X80070714)

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:08 PM
  • I have updated the console to new version but still waiting for "installation successful" in the log, before i update the secondary sites.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:10 PM
  • I review two of my server with diff customer's where i configured cb1606. I am not found any installation successful message in cmupdate and configsetup.log.but i can see it in monitoring space installed and show status showing green. when did you installed? check sitecomp log might be your DP and MP's are upgrade progress going on
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:49 PM