Cannot install StopZilla 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to install StopZilla 5.0. When I run the installer, it tells me that there is another user logged onto this computer, and to log off that account first. The problem is that I do not have another user account set up. I am operating out of the Administrator account, and the guest account is turned off. I have no other accounts set up for any other people.

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite P305D, with an AMD RM-70 processor. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 RC1, as well as the 64 bit version of Vista which came with the computer. This problem is occurring in the Windows 7 installation.

I downloaded the installer directly from StopZilla's website, www.stopzilla.com. Originally, I was told it could not run the installer on a 64-bit system, then I had a Windows info box pop up which asked me if I wanted to attempt installation under Windows' recommended settings. I clicked yes, and then I arrived at the current problem I've listed above. I've tried downloading from CNet as well, hoping maybe to get the entire setup package instead of an installer, but no success.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have checked STOPzilla site and could not find the information about whether it supports Windows 7 or it is compatible with Windows 7:

STOPzilla

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

For detail information about STOPzilla, please also contact STOPzilla support.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

At this time, please try to install the software with Compatibility Mode and see how it works.

Meanwhile, please refer to:

Windows 7 security software providers

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, August 5, 2009 1:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:46 AM