locked
User State Restore Fails with Error 0x8007000E RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am having some trouble restoring user states with usmt.  I am running a side by side migration, for which I have already added the computer association prior to running the capture.  The task sequence I am using is a very simple and only has the following steps:  Request State Store, Restore User State, and Release state store.  

    I am aware that the error code is linked to task sequence environment running out of space, and that it may have something to do with software updates. However, we are not currently deploying any software updates from SCCM.  We do have an upstream WSUS server that is supplying updates directly to clients. Would this still be an issue?  I find it hard to believe that an OS deployment sequence runs just fine, but a very simple state restore errors out.  Any thoughts?

    Thanks,

    Kyle

    Thursday, March 12, 2015 2:50 PM

Answers

  • I checked that box before, and even tried including the lac switch.  In the end we used the user exclude switch to exclude all local profiles.  We don't have any systems that use them anyway
    • Proposed as answer by Joyce L Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by EvilRaindrop Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:41 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:34 PM

All replies

  • See loadstate.log. You cannot tell which component raised an error just by looking at the error number.

    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

    Thursday, March 12, 2015 2:58 PM
  • It looks like I'm getting two errors during the restore.  First is that the COMPUTERNAME\unknown account is chosen for migration, but the target does not have account NEWCOMPUTERNAME\unkown. Directly after that is Failed.[gle=0x00000006].  Then I get unable to create a local account because \lac was not specified and USMT error code 14.  Below are the logs:

    2015-03-12 11:23:51, Info      [0x000000] LOADSTATE.EXE Version 6.3.9600.17237[gle=0x000000b7]
    2015-03-12 11:23:51, Info      [0x000000] USMT Started at 2015/03/12:11:23:51.094
    2015-03-12 11:23:51, Info      [0x000000] Command line: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\AHQ0000A\amd64\loadstate.exe \\ABBTECHCM01.ABBTECH.US\SMPSTOREd_FD7B8EBE$\ED83F415E21062DB9B2A8177AA933D6234B16FE457A8D193A0632650FCC769FB /decrypt /keyfile:**** /c /l:C:\Windows\CCM\Logs\SMSTSLog\loadstate.log /progress:C:\Windows\CCM\Logs\SMSTSLog\loadstateprogress.log /i:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\AHQ0000A\amd64\migdocs.xml /i:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\AHQ0000A\amd64\migapp.xml

    2015-03-12 11:23:51, Info      [0x000000] Script file specified: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\AHQ0000A\amd64\migdocs.xml[gle=0x000000cb]
    2015-03-12 11:23:51, Info      [0x000000] Script file specified: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\AHQ0000A\amd64\migapp.xml[gle=0x000000cb]
    2015-03-12 11:23:51, Info      [0x000000] Starting the migration process[gle=0x00000006]
    2015-03-12 11:24:01, Info      [0x000000] System information:
       

    2015-03-12 11:24:01, Info                  [0x000000] Processing the settings store[gle=0x00000006]
    2015-03-12 11:24:14, Info                  [0x000000] Selecting migration units
    [gle=0x00000006]
    2015-03-12 11:24:14, Error                 [0x000000] The account COMPUTERNAME\uknown is chosen for migration, but the target does not have account NEWCOMPUTERNAME\uknown. See documentation on /lac, /lae, /ui, /ue and /uel options.
    2015-03-12 11:24:14, Info                  [0x000000] Failed.[gle=0x00000006]
    2015-03-12 11:24:14, Info                  [0x000000]   Unable to create a local account because /lac was not specified[gle=0x00000006]
    2015-03-12 11:24:14, Info                  [0x000000] USMT Completed at 2015/03/12:11:24:14.843[gle=0x00000057]
    2015-03-12 11:24:15, Info                  [0x000000] ----------------------------------- USMT ERROR SUMMARY -----------------------------------
    2015-03-12 11:24:15, Info                  [0x000000] * USMT error code 14: 
    2015-03-12 11:24:15, Info                  [0x000000] +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015-03-12 11:24:15, Info                  [0x000000] | Unable to create a local account because /lac was not specified

    I tried enabling the restore local accounts box, but that didn't work.  Also the sequence runs just fine on a different model machine.

    Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

    Please check the steps in the blog below. It checked the "Restore local computer user profiles" to resolve this issue.

    In-place upgrade from windows XP to Windows 7 using SCCM SP2 and USMT

    Best Regards,

    Joyce


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    • Proposed as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Joyce L Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:39 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:38 AM
  • I checked that box before, and even tried including the lac switch.  In the end we used the user exclude switch to exclude all local profiles.  We don't have any systems that use them anyway
    • Proposed as answer by Joyce L Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by EvilRaindrop Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:41 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:34 PM