WPF apps don't render in when accessing a host win 7 64bit box over RDP using vista 32 bit or xp32 bit RD-Client ver: 7 RRS feed

• Question

• WPF apps don't render in when accessing a host win 7 64bit box over RDP using vista 32 bit or xp32 bit Remote Desktop Client ver: 7.
    example:  Blend, Expression Web, Expression Design, etc...
    I even created a app in VS2008 (a WPF app) with just a button in it.  and even that work render over RDP.  All these WPF apps work fine when using directly over the host machine or a virtual machine.  But not over RDP.  Big short coming...
    The Code Man
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:53 PM

Answers

• Yes, it's some thing special with my computer hardware.  I tested the same scenario at work and it work.  So i got back home reinstall the whole os over again and it still doesn't work.  I have Win7 VM running in that host machine and when i remote in to that machine it also work.  It's just the host machine on which it doesn't work.  I has to be some silly hardware configuration.  I am running GeforceGTX 275 and Geforce 8600 as a dedicated physicx processor
    The Code Man
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:34 PM

All replies

• Yes, it's some thing special with my computer hardware.  I tested the same scenario at work and it work.  So i got back home reinstall the whole os over again and it still doesn't work.  I have Win7 VM running in that host machine and when i remote in to that machine it also work.  It's just the host machine on which it doesn't work.  I has to be some silly hardware configuration.  I am running GeforceGTX 275 and Geforce 8600 as a dedicated physicx processor
    The Code Man
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:34 PM
  • Hi The Code Man,

Thanks for your post.  I hope this could be a graphics driver issue.

Could you please try disabling or upgrading the display driver on the server.

Please share us the log from dxdiag.exe and dmp file from the server machine to server you better.

It would be more grateful if you check with the graphics rating for the system i.e. Windows Experience Index.

I hope this will resolve the issue. In case you still face some issues please post back.

Thanks,

M Anbu

• Proposed as answer by M Anbu Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:59 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 6:41 PM