Enable checkbox "don't download in pictures in encrypted or signed html email messages" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've got a question from the company where I work to enable the setting "Don't download the pictures in encrypted or signed HTML email messages" with a GPO or registry key setting.
    (Setting can be found under "Outlook options => Trust Center => Automatic download => last checkbox

After searching already for a while, I've not been able to get anything back from Google or the Social technet forum.

We would like to roll-out this setting enabled to all our users and also grey out the checkbox, so the user can't uncheck it themself.

Thanks in advance,
    Daan

Monday, March 2, 2020 9:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Daan,

I researched a lot in my environment: Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outook 2016 > Security, here you can see "Automatic Picture Download Settings". However, I'm afraid there is not a settings for option "Don't download the pictures in encrypted or signed HTML email messages".

You may need to send a email to ask them to check this checkbox manually as a workaround.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Daan,

I researched a lot in my environment: Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outook 2016 > Security, here you can see "Automatic Picture Download Settings". However, I'm afraid there is not a settings for option "Don't download the pictures in encrypted or signed HTML email messages".

You may need to send a email to ask them to check this checkbox manually as a workaround.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 7:00 AM