Email notification body RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have creted User/Analyst email notification.When end user send mail to SCSM it;s creating ticket and send the email notification to the User.But the Email body and Signature mixing and showing in a single paragraph.I need to have same email body which user will send to scsm in the email notification.

Please see the attachment for more details.. 

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:00 PM

Answers

• I am not sure if it's possible to embed an image in an email template. I am pretty sure it's not possible to embed an image in the built-in description field anyway.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Sunday, February 22, 2015 7:54 PM
  • As long as the image is hosted somewhere else, you can just use the HTML image tag, but there is no way to attach the image to the message like outlook would. 
    Monday, February 23, 2015 3:23 PM

All replies

• You can use the <br> HTML tag to "break lines" ... also the <p></p> HTML can be handy to format the text in the email body.

The free EMail Template Tester is very useful to create Email Notification Templates:  SCSM Email Template Tester 

Hope this helps.

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:10 PM
  • I have given <br> between Category and Description.But Email body and and signature showing in a single paragraph.

I need to have same email body which user will send to scsm in the email notification

Thanks

Krish

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

Take a look at this blogpost:
    http://www.scsm.se/?p=542

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:16 PM
  • For fields that have their own formatting, you probably want to wrap them in a <pre> block. i.e.: 

Description: <pre>$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Incident_Library!System.WorkItem']/Description$</pre>

Thursday, February 19, 2015 3:42 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

I have added description as suggested by you

And the output is as shown below

Please let me know in details

Thanks

Krish

Regards, H@ri

Friday, February 20, 2015 6:19 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

I am able to get the same message body now.But message body not populating imagages which was there in the original mail.

Regards, H@ri

Friday, February 20, 2015 7:56 AM
  • You might look into the usage of the HTML Pre tag, and make sure you're wrapping the correct text. it sounds like your not closing it, so the PRE block is flowing down and affecting other HTML elements. 

you might also consider using the Notification Template Test tool

Friday, February 20, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Thanks thomas,

I have changed the template but still Email body not showing images. 

Regards, H@ri

Sunday, February 22, 2015 5:33 PM
  • I am not sure if it's possible to embed an image in an email template. I am pretty sure it's not possible to embed an image in the built-in description field anyway.

Sunday, February 22, 2015 7:54 PM
  • As long as the image is hosted somewhere else, you can just use the HTML image tag, but there is no way to attach the image to the message like outlook would. 
    Monday, February 23, 2015 3:23 PM