none
Lots of .mdmp files created in MSSQL10_50.MSDPM2012\MSSQL\Log - Consuming All Diskspace RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if this is a DPM problem or a SQL problem or both.... The server I have DPM installed on has had all of it's diskspace consumed which in turn is causing problems for DPM.  I have discovered there is a large number of .MDMP files being generated in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSDPM2012\MSSQL\Log

They continue to generate until they consume all the available diskspace.  I did a quick google and read on a couple of forums that they could be deleted, so I deleted a load (25GBs worth) that had generated over the course of the day and immediately they started to generate again.

The last thing I actually did in DPM was perform a search for files to recover.

DPM version is 2012 SP1, SQL Version is 2008 R2, OS version is Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard

Any ideas what is causing them to generate and how to stop it?

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:43 PM

Answers

• Stopping the SQL services, deleting the log files and restarting the SQL services fixed the issue.  It hasn't reoccurred since.
    • Marked as answer by adamf83 Monday, April 1, 2013 7:10 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 7:10 PM

All replies