none
How to move PWA to another server? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    I have old Project Server farm and new one. I have to move PWA instance to new server. I tried to backup and restore 5 databases related to Project instance to new server but looks like this approach does not work. Root site was comming up but not PWA instance.

    How to move Project Server instance to new server?


    Oleg

    Monday, September 30, 2013 6:34 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Monday, September 30, 2013 9:09 PM
    Moderator
  • When I was attached a content database the root site was comming up but when I tried to Provision Project Server Web Instance it was failed with message "Failed - see the Application event Log". I really could not find any errors in SharePoint logs. Where I can find error details?


    Oleg

    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 9:33 PM
  • Did you check the server event logs? Paul

    Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 10:07 PM
    Moderator
  • I did not find any errors or Criticals in ULS log. Only:

    10/03/2013 09:04:24.17  Microsoft.Office.Project.Server (0x0424) 0x0B18 Project Server                 General                        8zdk High     [SERVICE] ProjectQueueService14: ProcessWatcher restarting service for 31776ca0-06c1-4322-9b67-77e2f6b826a8 PID: -1 
    10/03/2013 09:04:24.17  Microsoft.Office.Project.Server (0x0424) 0x0B18 Project Server                 Provisioning                   8zdn Medium   [SERVICE] ProjectQueueService14: Getting list of Sites for ServiceApp: 31776ca0-06c1-4322-9b67-77e2f6b826a8 
    10/03/2013 09:04:24.17  Microsoft.Office.Project.Server (0x0424) 0x0B18 Project Server                 General                        8zd0 Medium   [SERVICE] ProjectQueueService14: Not starting ExecProcess for ServiceApp: 31776ca0-06c1-4322-9b67-77e2f6b826a8  No sites defined 


    Oleg

    Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:27 PM
  • I found the Solution. The issue was different accounts for new and old Project Servers and for some reason the account on new Project Server was disabled in  database. The script below executed on xx_Published database fixed this issue.

    UPDATE MSP_RESOURCES SET RES_TYPE = 2 WHERE (WRES_ACCOUNT = '{Replace with your Admin Account}')


    Oleg

    Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:27 PM