Play on Phone works in OWA, but not in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• We're running Exchange 2013, with all CUs, and Outlook 2013.  The Play on Phone feature in the desktop Outlook client throws the following error for all users:

'the microsoft exchange unified messaging service cannot be contacted to play messages on your phone.'

The Play on Phone feature works properly in OWA, however, when a user enters a SIP as the destination.

I've looked over other threads, and I don't think this matches any of the common errors - the dialplan is configured right (otherwise Play on Phone wouldn't work in OWA), the Play on Phone feature is enabled properly (otherwise it wouldn't work in OWA as well), and I'm not sure what else to try.

Any info would be appreciated.

Monday, June 9, 2014 7:26 PM

All replies

• Is Outlook fully patched as well? There was an issue a while that a bugfix was released for.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Monday, June 9, 2014 10:43 PM
  • Yep, Outlook is 100% up to date.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:24 PM
  • Did you find a solution to this issue by any chance? I am having the same issue as well.

Saturday, August 23, 2014 4:45 PM
  • CTDHeldesk,

I found the solution to this issue from out side.The issue seems to be with the Exchange Add-in. Use used this Hotfix and it worked like a charm.

h t t p://support . Microsoft .com/kb/2880477

I hope this helps,

Naz

I can't submit links yet it seems, to remove the spaces please.
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:22 PM