ProClarity Professional v6.2; problem after using MemberSet object to alter view... RRS feed

• Question

• We are using ProClarity Professional v6.2 and we have incorporated some add-ins.  The add-ins essentially go out to a relational table and bring back a different set of members that should be selected in the view.  For example, the users build store lists (a related set of stores) in the relational database and they want to select the stores that are associated to the store lists.  We provided an add-in, that reads the stores in the relational table associated to the chosen store list and then we modify the view using the MemberSet object.  The results from this action are fine, i.e., the stores that are highlighted in the setup panel are correct, the results are correct, etc.  The problem occurs at this point when a user attempts to drill down on the selected members using the right-click option in the Setup Panel.  Levels above the stores, e.g., Districts, are enabled.  When the user picks districts it actually adds a level under store called districts and attempts to report on them even though district is the level above.  What is really interesting is that if you repeat the exercise above up to the point of the 'right-click' and use select the menu option 'Navigate --> Drill Down' the higher levels in the hierarchy, e.g., District, are disabled. 

So I was wondering if there has been any kind of hotfix to solve this problem.

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

Dave D
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hello Dave,

Since you're running a customized solution I can guarantee there are no hotfixes for this issue.  However, if you'd like to get the latest ProClarity 6.2 hotfix please let me know and I will see about distributing that to you.  And can you mimic the behavior using the out-of-the-box installation?  If so please let us know and we will work on reproducing and investigating.

Regards,
    Amanda Ruffner

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:14 PM
  • Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the response above.  I put this aside and forgot to get back to you.  I need some clarification with your request above.  The problem occurs from within our 'Add-in', which is a visual basic project.  Are you stating that we need to duplicate the problem without using our 'Add-in'?  If so, I'm not sure how we could do that since the objective here was to programmatically alter the memberset using the underlying Microsoft - ProClarity objects. 

If you are asking us to apply the add-in to a standard version of 6.2 without the branding, I'm sure we could do that.  Please let me know what you think is reasonable to have your team examine the behavior.

Thanks,

Dave

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:13 PM
  • I can't remember having seen an issue like this, so it's unlikely there is a fix for it.  If you'd like to pursue this as an issue in the ProClarity objects, I'd suggest opening a case so that we can isolate the issue and submit it for a fix if need be.  If you'd rather not open a case, I'd request that you attempt to isolate the issue as much as possible and then post a sample script here so that we can test as well.  For instance, can you remove the database, hard code the set members, use AdWorks, and create the problem?  If so, please post the code and repro steps for that test add-in and we'll look into it.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:48 PM