none
Capturing baseline "save" date RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen the thread that talks about creating a custom field and macro that captures the dates the baselines are saved

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/3376cd75-685a-4963-af01-afa03d4e6133/baseline-create-timedate-stamp?forum=projectserver2010general

However, I'm having trouble getting the macro to work.  As show below, when I add the "ByVal" portion to the macro, it won't work.

Any idea how I can get it to work?

Thanks,

DJ Johnson

Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:43 PM

Answers

• Daren,

Where exactly did you paste Barbara's code? For an event macro it should be in the "ThisProject" folder of the subject file, not in a normal module where most macros are stored.

Then I'm a little confused about what you say works and what doesn't work. An event macro will only work if the "ByVal pj As Project" is included. You say it does work without the ByVal but then later ask how you can get it to work. 

Just for reference, I tried Barbara's code and it works fine after tweaking it to define the custom fields.

John

Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:47 PM

All replies

• Daren,

Where exactly did you paste Barbara's code? For an event macro it should be in the "ThisProject" folder of the subject file, not in a normal module where most macros are stored.

Then I'm a little confused about what you say works and what doesn't work. An event macro will only work if the "ByVal pj As Project" is included. You say it does work without the ByVal but then later ask how you can get it to work. 

Just for reference, I tried Barbara's code and it works fine after tweaking it to define the custom fields.

John

Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:47 PM
  • John, 

You were right on.  I had it in a Module in the "Modules" folder.  Moved it to the "ThisProject" folder and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the clarification!

DJ Johnson

Friday, March 28, 2014 2:10 PM
  • Daren,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. Once in a while I get it right.

John

Friday, March 28, 2014 3:59 PM