Blue Screen Error Windows 7 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Some times I get this error. Can you please help me.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 19
    BCP1: 0000000000000003
    BCP2: FFFFF8A019EB72F0
    BCP3: FFFFF8A019EB72F0
    BCP4: 0075006C006F0056
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Friday, July 2, 2010 1:38 PM

All replies

• You reported details of bugcheck 0x19 - BAD_POOL_HEADER due to a corrupt free list. This indicates you are experiencing memory corruption. This can be caused by faulty hardware such as RAM or buggy/incompatible drivers.  I'd suggest running chkdsk, SFC /SCANNOW, and then enabling driver verifier as described below.

You can upload the crash mini-dumps to your SkyDrive, but since verifier hasn't been enabled yet it is not likely that they will be of much value.  Do so after you enable verifier.

When did the problem start - did you recently add or remove any hardware or software?  Is the BCCode always the same?

For dealing with Blue Screens, general guidance follows:

Consider running chkdsk on all partitions.  Let chkdsk complete on each partition and see if that helps.

It can be helpful to use Driver Verifier.  To enable Driver Verifier... start->verifier.exe->OK->Create standard settings- >Next->select driver names from a list->Next->sort by Provider->select all non-Microsoft drivers->Finish, and OK your way out  of the dialog.

Then, reboot and use the system as you normally would, and wait for a problem.  In the event that the system does not boot  completely after enabling driver verifier, boot into Safe Mode and run driver verifier, and tell it to delete the changes.

Wait for a bugcheck to occur after enabling verifier as described, and then upload it to your SkyDrive, and provide a link.

Also consider running SFC /SCANNOW.

If you boot into safe mode, do you still experience bugchecks? What about if you do a clean boot, or device clean boot?

Consider testing memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic or memtest86. Note that memory that passes tests is not necessarily  good memory - it just hasn't failed a test.  Consider systematically eliminating RAM from the system - run with a couple of  modules for a while, and see how things go. Then try the other modules.

Other common suggestions include ensuring drivers are up to date (including video drivers), as well as ensuring that you're  using the latest BIOS.

Friday, July 2, 2010 1:53 PM
  • thanks i will do that as soon as i get home. Im normally transferring files from my hardrive to my computer. Its a new computer. I took the minidump file from this morning and uploaded it. It might not help because i haven't done the things above. ill upload after i do those.

http://cid-0acb8e038603b503.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=ACB8E038603B503!125&Bpub=SDX.Docs&Bsrc=GetSharingLink

Friday, July 2, 2010 2:38 PM
  • As expected, the dump shows pool memory corruption.

You have a variety of stale drivers that may require updating - but first, wait for the verifier bugcheck; let's see what that turns up.

ISODrv64.sys 11/24/2006 

mcdbus.sys 2/24/2009 

AsUpIO.sys 7/5/2009 

ASACPI.sys 7/15/2009 

I'd not be surprised to see ISODrv64.sys turn up as the culprit - the driver is several years old.

Friday, July 2, 2010 5:02 PM
  • thanks i appreciate this. I will check this when i get home in about 2 hours.
    Friday, July 2, 2010 7:56 PM
  • i did the above instruction. I got the error again today. I was compressing a file with winrar. This is the minidump file. http://cid-0acb8e038603b503.office.live.com/richupload.aspx/minidump
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 5:51 PM
  • The dump, unfortunately, is inconclusive.

Did you run CHKDSK?  The bugcheck referenced in the latest dump was 0x34 - "CACHE_MANAGER" - "This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system's cache manager."

This can be caused by depleted non-paged pool memory, but... I'm not sure how likely that is.

Can you try to reproduce the problem, and while doing so monitor Process Explorer's System Information window (CTRL+I)? Look for values that grow unbounded, especially in the Kernel Memory box.

The problem, at this point seems to be related to memory issues that are responsible for corruption.  First, run SFC and chkdsk, if you haven't already done so.  Wait for another bugcheck and upload the dump.  If you have already run sfc and chkdsk, then consider running with a subset of the RAM modules you have installed and see if you can produce the behavior.  Cycle through your RAM modules in this fashion, in an attempt to identify / isolate one that may be contributing to the behavior.   You may also wish to consider testing memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic or memtest86. Note that memory that passes tests is not necessarily  good memory - it just hasn't failed a test. Test each module independently - even test each module in each slot on the board.
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 7:19 PM
  • i did the windows memory test and it found no errors. I had time to mess around with the system today. I got three blue screens. I uploaded all three to my skydrive. http://cid-0acb8e038603b503.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=ACB8E038603B503!125&Bpub=SDX.Docs&Bsrc=GetSharingLink
    Monday, July 5, 2010 3:10 AM
  • I was trying to update my bios and asus uses this asupio.sys. It causes a bluescreen of death everyime. So i know that this could be a problem going to try to find a update.
    Monday, July 5, 2010 3:30 AM
  • technocrate's posts are generated by lifting others posts and dropping them in other threads where the dropped response may or may not be relevant to the discussion at hand, and not crediting the source.   This has problems because it adds noise to the thread and often confuses the original poster.  It also fails to credit the original composer of the advice, and since technocrate does not post original material, technocrate is unable to respond when the original poster has further questions or requires clarification.  

In this case, the post is lifted from Shawn - Support Engineer's post at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/5944b03c-787e-4ebb-8e05-e0ae9c674355

Monday, July 5, 2010 10:34 AM
  • Did you test each memory module independently?  Have you tried running with just a subset of the RAM modules to try to isolate/identify any which may be involved?

Each dump showed elements of memory corruption, while verifier was enabled, with no clear corruptor pinpointed.  This seems to be a strong suggestion of memory-related issues.  Have you run through SFC and CHKDSK yet, just to be sure?  Then I'd suggest focusing more on testing / swapping RAM.

Monday, July 5, 2010 10:40 AM
  • I ran sfc and chkdsk. I will start to run the computer with a ram stick.
    Monday, July 5, 2010 1:43 PM
  • What were the SFC and chkdsk results?
    Monday, July 5, 2010 5:40 PM
  • i didn't see any errors when i ran them. Is it possible to find the logs on my computer.
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:26 AM
  •  %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log is the SFC log; chkdsk logs are logged to the Application event log (Event Viewer in Administrative Tools), source Wininit, event id 1001.
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:41 AM
  • <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

I ran mem test on each stick by itself. Then i use the system with just one stick for about 4 hours doing normal task. I didn’t see a blue screen pop up on either. I think the problem might have been those drivers mention in your post earlier. I uninstalled them. I also updated the motherboard’s bios. I’m going to run the system with both sticks in tomorrow and see if the blue screen comes up.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:59 AM
  • I didn't see your message last night before i wrote mine. I will look at those logs when i get home. Ill upload the info.
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 2:35 PM
  • SFC test says "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" Im going to run the chkdisk tommorrow. Imma let the mem test run all night in the extended mode

Thursday, July 8, 2010 3:48 AM
  • chk disk result of my three drives

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
    Windows will now check the disk.                        

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
      776960 file records processed.                                          File verification completed.
      684 large file records processed.                                      0 bad file records processed.                                        2 EA records processed.                                              60 reparse records processed.                                       CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
      1122414 index entries processed.                                         Index verification completed.
      0 unindexed files scanned.                                           0 unindexed files recovered.                                       CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
      776960 file SDs/SIDs processed.                                         Cleaning up 293 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 293 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 293 unused security descriptors.
    Security descriptor verification completed.
      172728 data files processed.                                            CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
      36715192 USN bytes processed.                                             Usn Journal verification completed.
    CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
      776944 files processed.                                                 File data verification completed.
    CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
      241934739 free clusters processed.                                         Free space verification is complete.
    Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

1953410047 KB total disk space.
     984447392 KB in 603428 files.
        284796 KB in 172729 indexes.
             0 KB in bad sectors.
        938899 KB in use by the system.
         65536 KB occupied by the log file.
     967738960 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
     488352511 total allocation units on disk.
     241934740 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
    00 db 0b 00 e8 d7 0b 00 7c 6a 14 00 00 00 00 00  ........|j......
    00 06 00 00 3c 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ....<...........
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
    Please wait while your computer restarts.

Checking file system on D:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Projects.

A disk check has been scheduled.
    Windows will now check the disk.                        

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
      30208 file records processed.                                          File verification completed.
      0 large file records processed.                                      0 bad file records processed.                                        0 EA records processed.                                              0 reparse records processed.                                       CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
      32566 index entries processed.                                         Index verification completed.
      0 unindexed files scanned.                                           0 unindexed files recovered.                                       CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
      30208 file SDs/SIDs processed.                                         Cleaning up 56 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 56 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 56 unused security descriptors.
    Security descriptor verification completed.
      1179 data files processed.                                            CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
      30192 files processed.                                                 File data verification completed.
    CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
      35646660 free clusters processed.                                         Free space verification is complete.
    Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

312568640 KB total disk space.
     169864796 KB in 28465 files.
         11500 KB in 1181 indexes.
             0 KB in bad sectors.
        105700 KB in use by the system.
         65536 KB occupied by the log file.
     142586644 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
      78142160 total allocation units on disk.
      35646661 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
    00 76 00 00 d9 73 00 00 69 c2 00 00 00 00 00 00  .v...s..i.......
    17 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................

Thursday, July 8, 2010 9:38 PM
  • im going to redo the computer over. after doing verifer my computer crashes alot.
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:56 PM
  • That's probably good that the system crashes when you have verifier enabled - verifier enables extra runtime checks on drivers, at the expense of performance.  Can you disable verifier, and then upload the dumps you got when verifier was enabled?

The idea is that verifier will catch the corruption at the point in time that it takes place, rather than when it is detected.  At the point of detection, the corruptor could be long gone - the driver may even have been unloaded.

Friday, July 9, 2010 1:59 AM
  • http://cid-0acb8e038603b503.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=ACB8E038603B503!125&Bpub=SDX.Docs&Bsrc=GetSharingLink

thats the link with the new minidumps. imma redo this computer. its wierd i don't have admin rights to some files, im the only user on this computer. It took me a while to open the sfc file because it said i didn't have permission.

Friday, July 9, 2010 3:07 AM
  • Verifier caught MAudioDelta.sys misbehaving - it was "Referencing user handle as KernelMode"; verifier bugchecked the system.

MAudioDelta.sys (the one you have is from July 27, 2009) appears to be a component of your audio drivers.  If the behavior persists after a rebuild, and this version of this driver finds its way onto the new build, check for updates to this driver.

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Friday, July 9, 2010 12:51 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 10:59 AM
    1. this may seem random, but might be worth a shot... i think this problem often occurs because of registry errors with the fonts... this solution fixes that. if you browse to windows/fonts and immediately get a blue screen, then the fonts are your problem
    2. first try going to control panel > fonts >font settings (on left) > restore default fonts
    3. if you can't access fonts in the control panel then try this...  in explorer go here: \\%COMPUTERNAME%\C$\Windows\Fonts (replacing %computername% with your computername).
    4. then hit ctrl+a to select all the fonts.
    5. once they're all selected right click and select "install".
    6. when the dialogue box pops up saying that "[such and such] font is already installed, would you like to reinstall it?"  click the box for "do this for all current items", and hit "yes"
    7. reboot  (just for grins), and you should be good to go
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:37 AM