3 SERVICE MANAGER Portal Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to add Submitted for to the end user portal?

Is there a way to have the Affected item be a list of all computers and printers?

Can the Analyst portal show tickets assigned to the analyst not just Change requests?

Monday, November 1, 2010 12:58 PM

All replies

• Not sure what do you mean by submitted? By default the user who creates the incident is set as the affected user.

Its not possible for the affected items to be list of computers.

Analyst portal is not customizable and supports only Change Requests. The name "Analyst portal" is bit misleading. It's actually an approval portal.

Paresh
    Monday, November 1, 2010 7:33 PM
    Answerer
  • Can the EndUser portal show tickets assigned to the analyst?
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:03 PM
  • If you mean incidents then it is not possible to show them to analysts on the SM portals. Analysts can only use the rich console.

Paresh
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:11 PM
    Answerer
  • Can all incidents assigned to a user show on the portal, not just the incidents that they have created?

Monday, November 29, 2010 4:18 PM
  • No. 

When an incident is created for a user means he is the affected user and therefore only the incidents where the current user is the affected user can be seen on the portal. It is an end user portal and not an analyst portal.

Paresh
    Monday, November 29, 2010 7:00 PM
    Answerer
  • When i say submitted for, i mean we have people who will not submitt thier own tickets a recepionist or someone else would be submitting the ticket

how do i put a ticket in for a printer then? or if my computer is broke, my only other option is other. we have three seperate networks (disconnected) that will have info in a central Service Manager, so this is when we need to be able to add other computers to the affected item list.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Hello there,

I just came across this post. Excuse the plug but if you are still looking for a solution then the company I work for Cireson is releasing a browser agnostic analyst web experience in the next couple of weeks. http://www.cireson.com/app-store/web-console/ which allows full incident management to create, update, and close incidents.

Please contact me for more information on team@cireson.com

Thanks,

Paul.

psutton

• Proposed as answer by Paul.Sutton Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:07 AM