outlook 2013 not syncing subfolders - IMAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently having issues with Outlook 2013 / Office 365 not syncing subfolders correctly.

Example.

Receive email > answer email > move email over to new subfolder > goto subfolder and email does not show?? > go to webmail and both email and subfolder show correctly. 

Read lots of articles on this but no solution to the problem.  

article 1 - http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/email/email-troubleshooting/imap-issues-affecting-outlook-2013-and-office-365-functionality

If this carries on then a move back to Thunderbird is on the cards as i've imaged this along side outlook and do not have any issues with thunderbird.  it works perfectly... unlike Outlook.

:-(

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:06 AM

Answers

• goto subfolder and email does not show?? > go to webmail and both email and subfolder show correctly. 

As per the description above, it seems the subfolder and email message got uploaded correctly to the server, it's just not display in the subfolder in Outlook 2013 client side. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

Does this only happen to this specific subfolder?

To troubleshoot this issue, I would suggest we first check what view settings you have of this faulty folder. Maybe you have it set for Unread Messages Only or something that is filtering out the messages you just moved:

1. Select the folder, go to "VIEW" tab on the ribbon
    2. Click "View Settings" button. On the "Advanced View Settings" dialog, click "Filter..." button
    3. Check if you have any filters which might filter out the message. Clear it, then try again.

Hope this helps, please feel free to post back with any findings.

Regards,

Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:31 AM

All replies

• goto subfolder and email does not show?? > go to webmail and both email and subfolder show correctly. 

As per the description above, it seems the subfolder and email message got uploaded correctly to the server, it's just not display in the subfolder in Outlook 2013 client side. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

Does this only happen to this specific subfolder?

To troubleshoot this issue, I would suggest we first check what view settings you have of this faulty folder. Maybe you have it set for Unread Messages Only or something that is filtering out the messages you just moved:

1. Select the folder, go to "VIEW" tab on the ribbon
    2. Click "View Settings" button. On the "Advanced View Settings" dialog, click "Filter..." button
    3. Check if you have any filters which might filter out the message. Clear it, then try again.

Hope this helps, please feel free to post back with any findings.

Regards,

Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:31 AM
  • After migration from IMAP to Exchange I had a similar problem. The folders where there but without any mail.

Clearing the filters sorted that problem

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:09 PM
  • Worked perfectly
    Sunday, October 9, 2016 6:59 AM