none
FTP Server publishing via UAG 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Just wondering if anyone has been able to publish an FTP server using UAG 2010 without the use of SSTP/Network Connector or direct access?
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Amigo. FTP Server could be published as a client/server application. The only thing to take into account is that Active (port) mode cannot be used. Only Passive FTP mode can be used. Is that your problem?

Regards

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:25 PM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Amigo. FTP Server could be published as a client/server application. The only thing to take into account is that Active (port) mode cannot be used. Only Passive FTP mode can be used. Is that your problem?

Regards

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:25 PM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:07 AM
  • Hi

Did you Benjies publish FTP using generic client/server app? Have you noticed any problem?

I have published FTP using generic client/server application and connection to server works fine and file transfering partly ok. My problem is that when uploading or downloading file, the file's size changes to smaller. So when the file is travelling to server the is some data loss. I created TMG ftp publish on same UAG server and this configuration didn't have dataloss.

Have you Raúl any idea to this?

My configuration is UAG server with lastest updates (Windows server 2008 r2 sp1) and my FTP is running to IIS7 on Windows Server 2008 R2 sp1.

Thanks.

br -teemu
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:09 AM
  • My customer has similar environment and we have noticed same - files keep getting smaller during UPLOAD operation. But this is highly depend on FTP client in use, with commercial FTP-clients there seems to be no problems. Freeware FTP-clients fails regularly, only couple of those are proven to be reliable.

-Amigo

• Proposed as answer by a_Amigo_ Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:30 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by a_Amigo_ Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:31 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:06 AM
  • I am not sure if anyone found a solution to this problem?, but we still experience the same issue even with commercial FTP client (WS_FTP_PRO)

all uploads via UAG 2010 SP1 plus the latest rollups/updates are corrupt and smaller in size. No issue with file downloads. FTP server is 2008 R2 IIS.

Any ideas/help will be much apreciated.

Bestia

Sunday, July 8, 2012 6:39 PM