Right Mouse button doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• Disclaimer- I am not very tech savvy so please excuse my non-tech lingo as I try to explain my problem.

Two days ago I noticed that when I used my right mouse button on any file or folder it would start processing and the Windows little progress circle would appear and then it would eventually give me a message of "Not responding" and shut down/ freeze what I was doing. I will then have to do control-Alt-delete to bring up the task manager to close that program out. Sometimes I have to restart my computer to be able to use it again.

I use a wireless mouse. I got a different mouse from another computer that was functioning properly and I had the same problems when using it on my computer. So it isn't a mouse/ equipment problem.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium on my computer.

I use my computer for my home business everyday and I am in such a habit of using my right mouse button function that it is hard to use it.

Hopefully it is a simple fix.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

More often than not when a device isn't working it is because the driver has become corrupted, please update the driver to the latest version or try compatibility mode and check the result. Re-installing a fresh copy should help.

Have you tried another mouse and test the issue? Maybe there is something wrong with the hardware. Please check it.

In addition, for mouse problem, you can also check this article for reference.

Having trouble with a device? Make sure everything is connected properly, the device has power, and that it’s set up correctly.

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/windows-mouse-touchpad-keyboard-problems

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Monday, July 24, 2017 6:51 AM
    Friday, July 14, 2017 6:09 AM