none
Assigned user as resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we sync the team member group with an AD group but after the sync users are not by default selected to be assigned as resources. is this because we need to add the AD group to the enterprise resource pool sync? not seen this behaviour before..

upon AD sync -we want by default users to be able to be added into build team on projects.

thanks

Thursday, July 19, 2018 7:03 AM

Answers

• Nikki --

To populate the Enterprise Resource Pool using AD sync, you need to add the AD group to the Enterprise Resource Pool sync.  To add users to the Team Members group, you also need to sync the AD group with the Team Members group.  So, you need two AD sync operations to get this to work properly.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, July 27, 2018 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Ive just checked the function with the same parameters. Sync the built in Team members group with an AD group, and the system created the users by design on that way, the  <label accesskey="?" for="idCanBeAssigned">User can be assigned as a resource was automatically activated during the creation.</label>

I believe if you are checking the created resources, you will see the same behaviour.

If not, please let me know, and I can check a couple of other things.<label accesskey="?" for="idCanBeAssigned"></label>

Monday, July 23, 2018 9:25 AM
  • Nikki --

To populate the Enterprise Resource Pool using AD sync, you need to add the AD group to the Enterprise Resource Pool sync.  To add users to the Team Members group, you also need to sync the AD group with the Team Members group.  So, you need two AD sync operations to get this to work properly.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, July 27, 2018 3:42 PM