One O365 tenant + two on-premise S4B deployments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

We have O365 tenant configured with AD Connect and Exchange in Hybrid mode.

We want to setup Hybrid mode for S4B also.

We have on-premise test environment (different Forest): AD/Exchange/S4B and on-premise production environment(different Forest): AD/Exchange/S4B.

So, we want at first place to configure our test S4B in hybrid mode for this O365 tenant and at later stage to add also our Production for the same tenant.

Is this a supported configuration ? If is not, do someone knows how to remove the S4B hybrid mode for the test environment after all tests are done and after that to add production in hybrid mode.

Regards,

Georgi

Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delayed answer.

I was searching by myself also. Your proposal is about two forest, but with one on-premise S4B installation. My question was about 2 forests and 2 S4B installation on-premise.

However I found this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SkypeForBusiness/hybrid/cloud-consolidation

And according to it it's not supported to have 2 on-premise S4B simultaneously with one 0365 tenant, but my case is supported to add one forest by time to the tenant and then go to another one.

Regards,

Georgi

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Friday, February 1, 2019 8:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Georgi_M Monday, February 11, 2019 1:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Georgi,

According to the official document, it is supported to do hybrid between O365 online and multi-forest support in SFB, the following requirements need to be met:
    Users are properly synchronized into the forest that hosts Skype for Business: In hybrid configurations, this means that users must be synchronized as disabled user objects.
    The forest hosting Skype for Business must trust the forest containing the users.
    Details about this you could refer to the following official document: Plan hybrid connectivity between Skype for Business Server and Skype for Business Online

In addition, you could refer to the official document to find the details about Configure a multi-forest environment for hybrid Skype for Business

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, January 28, 2019 3:16 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Georgi_M Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:30 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2019 6:10 AM
  • Hi Georgi,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:45 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delayed answer.

I was searching by myself also. Your proposal is about two forest, but with one on-premise S4B installation. My question was about 2 forests and 2 S4B installation on-premise.

However I found this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SkypeForBusiness/hybrid/cloud-consolidation

And according to it it's not supported to have 2 on-premise S4B simultaneously with one 0365 tenant, but my case is supported to add one forest by time to the tenant and then go to another one.

Regards,

Georgi

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Friday, February 1, 2019 8:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Georgi_M Monday, February 11, 2019 1:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:29 PM
  • Hi Georgi,

Thanks for your sharing about this, you could mark your reply as answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, February 1, 2019 8:03 AM