none
Synaptics Pointting device Driver installs on an Desktop machine while deploying Windows 7X64 using MDT 2013 Update 1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am deploying Windows 7X64 on Dell OptiPlex 990 and other desktops. Deployment goes fine but the Synaptics pointing device driver gets installed after the deployment is complete. Also after applying operating system I get a prompt to Run the Synaptics Pointing Driver setup twice. If I don't click yes to install the TS wont proceed. Its gets worse when I uninstall the Synaptics Device Driver from Appwiz.Cpl and reboot the machine the Keyboard fails with the error Code:29. Above is the screenshot of what I get after Applying Operating System step. Thanks in Advance.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have also encountered this in MDT 2013 Lite Touch deployments for Windows 8.1 and I am researching it. 

I noted that the Synaptics driver was installed for "SmBus" in Device Manager for a motherboard with an Intel 7 Cxxx Series chipset (Dell Optiplex desktop).  The HardwareID's are all PCI\VEN8086...

We use %Model% in our task sequence and have a folder for each model such as "Optiplex 7010" in Out-of-Box Drivers. 

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:35 PM
  • I've been using MDT 2012 Update 1 and deploying 100's of 990s.. I havent had an issue with Synaptics.. Are you using the enterprise CABs drivers from Dell?
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:51 PM
  • The error above is a "Security Warning"

Ensure that you *REMOVE* the security stream from wherever you downloaded this file.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440.aspx

Then retry again.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:14 AM
  • This Prompt was supressed using the Hideshell=Yes option in MDT, But the weird part is that this Synaptics driver is being installed on Desktops. I think this software is for Touchpad pointing device driver, then why is it getting installed.
    Sunday, December 7, 2014 4:11 PM