WIndows Sceen resolution become really big after installing a fresh windows xp os RRS feed

• Question

• I had to reformat hardrive yesterday and reinstall Windows XP with original manufacturers CD that came with computer. Once done, I opened browser (IE6) and noticed that pages were not in proportion to my screen size settings and there was no background color and some missing graphics. I then updated to IE7 and the sizing issue was rectified, but still no background color and missing graphics. I then downloaded Mozilla Firefox to try a different browser, problem still persists. I,ve also noticed missing colors & graphics in my Windows Live products and Media Player too. I,ve run several maintenance utilities including registry scan and everything comes out clean.
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:59 PM

All replies

• Are you sure that the video card drivers were properly installed?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:18 PM
  • idk i just install the windows Xp on it and it turn like that even i try installing other software as Windows7 vista and 7 it still giving me the big screen and internet explorer and sound still not working

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:40 PM
  • I am having the same exact problem. I go to change the screen resolution and it wont let me adjust it at all. I don't know what to do. But I need help. Please anyone help us!!!  
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:53 AM