windows explorer has stopped working... RRS feed

• Question

• HI there.

My name is GILL Garcia,  have Home Vista Premium, i dont stop recive this mesagem:  Windows explorer  has stopped working. ( check online and restart the program or restart the program.)  Win shows me the window with details about problem below descripted,  and it does not allow me to work with another programs.

Anything i do, i need close the windows  that say: "windows explorer stopped working..." and always that i close this windows, my deskop desepear for secundos and aprear again. and then  i just got   few secunds, ( about 15 secunds) for to do what i need to do before the same mensagem come again and block me. I got an project for University, i can complete becouse this problem... Please, somebody with good heart help me!! i realy dont know what todo.

This is problem description:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: explorer.exe

Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386

Application Timestamp: 4549b091

Fault Module Name: xkrdk.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 45cef955

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 029c1cf0

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 8d13

Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Additional Information 3: 8d13

Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

H.Garcia

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:41 AM

All replies

•  

well senior Garcia, i also have the same prob.  I was downloading summin' the other day and then after couple mins my computer started to act up.  then i receivedd the message ' window has stopped working >optoins; check online 4 a solution and restart the program, or restart the program<) did those and guess what, the message dissappears (make u think that it;s actually doing summin'), then reappears with the same old stuff.  i try to click an icon on my desktop, nothing works.  i restarted my pc and some virus antispyware protection pro v3.36 appears with a list of stuff that it find to be infecting my poor pc.  anyways 2 make a looonng story shrt, my pc is infected by trojan malware which came with a fake virus atispyware protection.  i know a lil' on how to remove it, but if i can just keep that windows message from popping up constantly, i 'll be able to safely operate on my pc.

the type of trojan virus i have is win32 / also some adware and stupid worms.

can someone PLEASE hook me up wid some info on resolving this

(my pc's sick and i can't sleep)

Monday, August 13, 2007 9:26 PM
  • I am having the same issue.  I sincerly hope someone helps quickly.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:13 AM
  •  

http://soft.softoogle.com/ap/trojan-remover-download-2439.shtml

Download and scan your computer for trojans.  This is a link to Google Trojan Remover 6.6.1 I used to resolve this issue. 

Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:46 PM
  • Has anyone else had this problem, but just with Windows Explorer stopping after you click on a folder, yet to can still surf to any folders EXCEPT the parent folder of the folder that caused the problem and the folder that caused the problem itself?

I've had that problem EXTREMELY lately, and it's beginning to twerk me off. I have run chkdsk to see if there is some sort of file or folder corruption..... nothing. I've run defragment to see if it was a file fragmentation problem.... didn't help. Now the only other things I can think of is that the MFT has gotten corrupted somehow, but in Vista...... I cannot fix the damn thing with any tool that I have been able to find because Microsoft has said "Oh, it's double backed up, you shouldn't ever NEED to fix it!"

Yeah, right! I've had three friends who have needed to fix their MFT's but couldn't because there is no tool for that in Windows Vista, chkdsk just doesn't do it at all.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:26 AM
  • pips!

sorry to inform you guys but there are no fix yet on this problem. you will need to fully reinstall your operating system again to fix this issue. technicians from microsoft are still researching how to fix this problem.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:00 PM
  • Hi,

I found a program called "  Windows safety Alert "  and removed it

Did the job for me

John

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 12:08 PM
  • I have the same problem: Windows explorer has stopped working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone at Microsoft fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I finish this Microsoft will have made another billion on Vista - take some of that tmoney and fix this.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:54 AM
  • Hi Senor Garcia

This was a very annoying problem for me too. However I think I found a solution. Close Internet Explorer and open Control Panel. Open Internet Options and open Advanced. Click on Reset and click Apply and Close. Restart Internet Explorer. If you are using Yahoo Toolbar, Google Toolbar or Windows Live Toolbar the action you have taken will make them unusable. Personally I would prefer that situation than  getting the message about Internat Explorer Has Stopped Working. It was driving me MAD too !!!! So far I haven`t seen that message so heres hoping. Smile))

Good luck with it

Mr Gill H Bates II

• Proposed as answer by Airdale Friday, January 23, 2009 4:02 AM
    Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:25 AM
  • Every time I see this problem on a forum, someone always comes up with an answer for INTERNET explorer......Its WINDOWS explorer that is the problem...not INTERNET!!

I get the same problem and Microsoft error reporting always takes me to the same service pack even though its installed on my system already. It just goes to show that they are not trying to fix or even research the problem otherwise there would be a message telling us this and not a link to the stupid performance and reliability pack that doesn't work. This is a generic fix and not one that fixes individual problems.

It is not caused by a virus or any trojan or any other kind of malaware or the like as I've had the problem since installing Vista on a new formatted drive, and before I connected to the internet. What does this tell you people.......a problem inherent on the Vista discs maybe? Maybe not, maybe thousands of us have faulty computers as Microsoft would love us to think, passing the buck huh?

Wherever you got your computer or your copy of Vista, return it and get your money back. If you get the "You cannot return opened software" line, then tell them to shut up as that applies only to software that is actually working. If you got your software pre-installed on a system then return the whole lot to the store and demand a refund or get them to fix it. The law says that if ANY electrical product fails within 6 months of purchase then it was deemed to have been faulty at time of manufacture.....this means you do not have to accept a repair or replacement, you are entitled to your money back in full no quetions asked. Stand firm and hold your ground on this and don't leave without a satisfactory outcome. If this fails, seek advice and bad mouth the retailer or the software house on every forum and public place you can. Let everyone you possibly can know about it. If we all do this then the retailers and microsoft will have to act. Make sure whenever you report a problem in a forum that you specify what make of computer you have and where you purchased it and follow up with any outcome........whewwww!

Oh, I've heard there is a lot of problems like this on Dell and Sony systems. My system is self built so I dunno whats causing my prob other than a faulty copy of vista.

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:05 PM
  • thank you very much about this !!! it worked perfectly !!! thank god ! thank you !! Smile it didn't need to make a new windows because its making me to wait for 3 hours to make a new vista ! now it worked perfectly ! thank you again !! Smile 
    Monday, October 20, 2008 3:50 PM
  • Mr. Bates:

Thank you very much, the fix helped me resolve the problem that happened when I tried to browse program files.

Thanks again!

Friday, January 23, 2009 4:02 AM