Business Owner RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Tight VNC-Jaadu and somehow my PC Tuneup software wiped out my automatic VNC Server so I cannot activate Tight VNC.  Can anyone help on how to get this back as I have no idea what to type into the blank server box to activate?  Thanks in advance.
    Friday, January 7, 2011 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi rlindblom,
    The easiest way to achieve a solution for this type of issue is to use the System Restore feature of Windows.

Reboot your computer and press the F8 key repeatedly after the initial BIOS screen until the Windows Start Up menu appears. Select Safe mode.

When the system finishes the boot sequence navigate from the Start menu to All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

Start the System Restore program and follow the instructions on screen to select a restore point prior to when the PC Tuneup software changed your settings.

The process will take some time and will reboot your system at the end. When the system completes the restart (into normal mode) you should see a screen advising if the restore process has been successful (or not).

If successful, then your Tight-VNC settings should be restored and functional. If you receive an unsuccessful message, then run through the System Restore process again, this time selecting an earlier date.

Hope this helps. Good luck, Regds  Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, January 17, 2011 7:38 AM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 12:13 PM