disaster recovery plan for active directory 2008 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• We are planning to make AD Recovery plan and I have some questions related to this topic but firstly I want to tell you our current status:

we have two physical sites (each site has its own virtual environment) , each site in different city (site A and site B), site A is the primary site and site B is an Recovery site which we will use it in case of site A goes down completely. In site A we have exchange server 2007 and active directory on windows server 2008 R2 , two Dc's, ( the first Dc is the primary Dc  and  the second is an  additional Dc). In site B, we have another Dc (DC-3) and anther Exchange 2007 server (we are using SCR  feature) and we have wan connection between two sites. Now we are making an Disaster Recovery Plan but the main problem is the active directory because the root domain is in the primary site and as I know we cannot have more than one root domain controller in the same domain, I want to know what are the other options for me to achieve this task, does I need to change our design ( like making new different forest in the backup site ) , I don't like to use seizing process  because I will use the backup site only for small period of time then we have to return back to primary site, and seizing process needs to rebuild all old DC's.

I we build separate forest in the backup site, how can i replicate the users and active directory objects from site A forest to Site B forest?

Friday, June 21, 2013 8:14 PM

Answers